Monday 26 September 2011

SPLASHING AROUND.

Hello guys and girls once again I've not blogged for a very long time and this is becoming a regular occurrence which needs to stop. I've been busy with a few things and lately my head hasn't had enough time to chill and clear its self from the blockage of rubbish that fills it. I'm in need of a delete button or a rubbish bin to click, drag and drop in. But I've found a spare few minutes at the Hospital and will tell you all about my sail on the seven seas, I mean solent..

So just a few weeks ago I went on an amazing sailing trip with the The Ellen MacArthur Trust. It was such an amazing trip and I wont forget it anytime soon. The people were amazing and the whole experience was just awesome. I was very lucky to be able to go because the week before I had got a temperature and my blood counts were very low so I scrapped onto the trip which I'm so glad I got to go and didn't have to miss out on such a good time. So thanks to Sarah, Kim and the Doctors and nurses that got me prepared for the trip! 

Monday - we set off from the Marsden around 9-10, It was a bit nerve racking going as I didn't know any of the people that were on this trip but luckily we all clicked on the journey up to Southampton. We got the ferry over to the Isle of Wight which was very bumpy indeed. It was like being on a roller coaster and it was pretty fun, though I was worrying if my stomach could take much more. When we got to the Isle of Wight we got a water taxi over to Cowes which is were the trust is based. We all got to meet the skippers and volunteers that would be joining us on the trip, we played team building games and got to know each other and our crew a little better. I was on the boat Moonspray with Claire, Fredrick, Alan Alex the two volunteers that were Ben and Sarah and our skipper Dan.  Later that night some of the guys went in the pool and played a very competitive game of water polo which if I'm honest though not playing I was very into it and was cheering them on like I had money on it. 

Tuesday -  We got ready and got acquainted with a few basics on the boat and then we set sail to Southampton - Ocean Village. We all got a little go at steering and it was pretty fun as it was choppy on the water, we saw some amazing yachts as we pulled up into Ocean Village. That night we spent chatting and playing games in the Red Scarlet boat. 

Wednesday - We sailed to Yarmouth which was a longer journey and we got to learn how to tack and tie ropes and all sorts. When we got to Yarmouth we got the bus to visit the needles which was very pretty just a bit of a trek down the side of the mountain. Also are boat Moonspray held a quiz that night which went down pretty well. 

After the quiz me and Darren thought we would do some crabbing on the side of the dock Dave, Adele, Claire and Dan also joined us while sat on the side. One of the Volunteers got of the boat behind us and started walking towards us before I knew it I was in the water and swimming to reach the side. The guy had slipped and meant to grab the side but grabbed me instead. So we both ended up in the drink, I couldn't believe it out of everyone it had to be me! My luck eh? I was pulled out within seconds and no harm was done, other then my phone and camera are now resting in peace. I got a mega hot shower and was sent to bed when we got back to the boat. So yes I fell in like everyone said I would you all jinxed me! Thank you very much!

Thursday - We set off and sailed to see the needles from the view of the boat which was lovely then we headed for a little place which I've forgotten the name of! We had a surprise waiting for us when we got there. We got to go on rig boats which travel over 50mph over the waves and racing the others was such good fun. Later that evening we had a BBQ on the beach and watched the sunset. We also had a salad and dessert contest which each boat had to make ether one and then they would be judged on which was the best one. Claire on our boat made some amazing chocolate blueberry muffins with cream and strawberries. Also the other boats made Eton mess, chocolate cornflakes, rocky road and cupcakes. In all it was a pretty good mix of goodies!

Friday - A last day on the boat and I woke up to one of the skippers saying about a seal so I got up quick and got on deck to see a little seal bobbing up from the sea looking back at us which just made the trip perfect. Then we got all are bits together and then headed back to Cowes were we started. It was very sad it had to end but it was such a great trip and hopefully they will have us back next year! Hopefully no late night swimming for me unless I've gone in of my own free will.

So that was my trip away I've probley

www.ellenmacarthurtrust.org - I've been quoted on the website in the news section under 18-24's click the link if you wanna check it out. 

Anyways guys I'm off to go chill I've had some chemo today at the Hospital and its starting to kick in, so I think I might go have a snooze!

Take care and keep smiling!
:)
x x x




No comments:

Post a Comment